WordPress is the most popular CMS with 30% Market Share in the Internet Market. It is a rated one of the best CMS for a newbie and non-tech guy. Hosting a WP site is like a piece of cake. Almost every hosting company offers a separate plan for WordPress hosting and one-click installation feature. In addition, they automatically install the latest version and give the customer a freedom to choose the themes, plugins and security tools along with web hosting.
To keep these add-ons in mind, we have listed the top 10 WordPress hosting companies.
WordPress- An Introduction
Creating a professional website is one basic requirement for any business. And using the Wordpress Platform one can easily build a website within a day, whether it is for the business purpose of a blog. The first impression of the website is to look awesome and it should look professional. Building a website using the WP CMS gives the customer freedom to do many things without directly dealing with codes. And Wordpress considered the most user-friendly CMS, and lots of plugins developed by the programmer makes it super user-friendly.
The Wordpress was released in the year 2003 by Matt Mullenweg & Mike Little. Based on the PHP & MySQL. It is a free and open-source CMS. From WP Admin Panel, the customer can choose themes, plugins and install it without going using the FTP or web hosting Control Panel.
Another interesting thing about the WordPress that it is available free and other additional features related to security, performance, and management can be added using the free and paid plugins.
Installation of WordPress
You can download WordPress from the Wordpress.org or install it with one-click install from web control panel.
Benefits of WordPress
WordPress is simple and easy to access, even a non-technical person can do lots of things. It offers sticky pages, SEO-friendly URLs, media, inbuilt security features and tons of plugins.
What is WordPress hosting in Actual?
It is a mechanism to host your site on the server. It also includes speed, security, daily backups, storage space, WordPress updates, uptimes, and scalability.
Cost of WordPress hosting –
WordPress Application is available free of cost but Web Hosting is not freely available. You need to play a certain amount monthly to host your site, additional premium themes and plugins required some dollars.
Requirement of server
PHP version 5.2.4 or higher and MySQL version 5.0 or higher are suitable servers for WordPress.
Some of the Pros & Cons:
- Simplicity – It’s simple to use and not much technical knowledge required.
- SEO Friendly – Overall the platform is SEO friendly and Google loves its structure, performance, and usability.
- Newbie Friendly– the admin interface is very easy and user-friendly.
- Lack of flexibility – If you are looking for making a sophisticated site then WordPress is not a good option because it has a limited resource.
- Control – the release of the update by WordPress are good for a site but you cannot control which feature you do not want.
- Speed – If you add heavy plugins and customised theme then it may reduce overall speed thus low conversion.